Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bathroom Vanity Set Being Altered and Beautified!

Here are some photos of the bathroom set I was talking about earlier.  As you can see, it is a rather bright marbleized green - doesn't look natural and doesn't look pretty ( to me ).  I've roughed up the tissue box with sandpaper and started to paint it white with Gesso.  The tissue box is plastic so it wasn't difficult to scratch into it.  The soap bottle and the toothbrush holder are ceramic / glass and I could not rough it up, I just painted Gesso over it.  I plan to decoupage papers on all the items so I hope it will stick to the ceramic / glass.

I will show you the results in a few days.
Anyone who has any suggestions about getting things to stick to the ceramic items, I'd be happy to know.  There's nothing worse that having your artistic works fall apart, especially ones that are supposed to be used on a daily basis.
Thanks for stopping by!
~Sandra~

No comments:

Post a Comment